To all ye who want to paint with light ...

I should have started this blog many moons ago as I started experiencing the joys of rediscovering the art of photography. But as the saying goes - it's better late, than never!
So, here I am, in the hopes of recording what I learn as I progress from ignorance to enlightenment; about what my eyes can see that my camera can capture; and, what my mind imagines and my camera paints with its capabilities.

Please feel free to add any comments and share your wisdom (tips or tricks) that you have picked up along the way.

And do check out my How-To and Birding pages as well.


Monday, April 26, 2010

Day 52 - Mad at myself for messing up

I had one of the best photo ops today of catching a female mallard preening.  She comes right upto where I was waiting in the wetlands in the forest conservation area behind where I live.  Earlier, I had been trying to get some birds in flight, so you can guess what my camera settings were.. and then of course missy forgets to change the settings when the real opportunity presents itself.

All I got were dark shots that got absolutely noisy when I tried to lighten them up.  Lessons learned - 1) Always check your camera settings as soon as you turn on the machine. 2) Always check your photo before you fire away with your camera thinking it to be a light machine gun.

So, once I cleaned them up a little, this is all I have for today. I'm really disappointed because I have nothing worthwhile after two hours on a wild goose chase (well, quite literally)!

From my hiding place at the river's edge




No comments:

Post a Comment