To all ye who want to paint with light ...

I should have started this blog many moons ago as I started experiencing the joys of rediscovering the art of photography. But as the saying goes - it's better late, than never!
So, here I am, in the hopes of recording what I learn as I progress from ignorance to enlightenment; about what my eyes can see that my camera can capture; and, what my mind imagines and my camera paints with its capabilities.

Please feel free to add any comments and share your wisdom (tips or tricks) that you have picked up along the way.

And do check out my How-To and Birding pages as well.


Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Day 40 - No camera on a gorgeous day

I possibly missed one of the best photo ops this afternoon because I didn't have my camera with me! :-(  I had to work late and when I finally stepped out of the office, I realized we were having one of the most gorgeous days of the season yet.  The skies were an intense blue and the sunshine warmed me to my soul.

I like to walk home part of the way on days like these, since that takes me along the river - and I did that.  I was astounded by how blue the river looked this afternoon (well it was actually close to 6:30 in the evening).  I stopped a few times to get a few shots on my cell phone camera and I was really hoping they would turn out well as I recently upgraded my cell phone only because it had a higher res camera in it.  It's an 8 MP camera, but the shots are pretty noisy at higher zooms.  I'm not pleased at all, especially since I'd chased a robin at least for a quarter of an hour hoping to get a good shot.  What a waste!

Anyway, these will have to suffice as the photos for the day.  I'm posting a few of the better ones here.  It was obviously way more gorgeous than these photos portray.

I chased this robin for the longest time 

 The path by the river

The peeling bark was very interesting 

One of these days I'll sit myself down on the bench and just take in the beauty and quiet of the riverside!

No comments:

Post a Comment