To all ye who want to paint with light ...

I should have started this blog many moons ago as I started experiencing the joys of rediscovering the art of photography. But as the saying goes - it's better late, than never!
So, here I am, in the hopes of recording what I learn as I progress from ignorance to enlightenment; about what my eyes can see that my camera can capture; and, what my mind imagines and my camera paints with its capabilities.

Please feel free to add any comments and share your wisdom (tips or tricks) that you have picked up along the way.

And do check out my How-To and Birding pages as well.


Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Day 39 - Triple X

Ok, so I didn't have the time for a photo today and right now I'm too pooped to even think of lifting my camera out of its bag.  I pretty much knew this would happen and I'm glad I have an extra photo to put up today.

Actually, this one was done for a contest whose theme was "X"-inspired shots.  I actually had a brainwave on this one when it was close to midnight on Sunday, just in time for the contest closing.  It didn't really fit the theme to the last detail, because the rules called for an X at least six feet in size, and mine obviously didn't git it.  But I was pleasantly surprised to see it didn't get disqualified.  Maybe it won't. I'll wait and watch what happens.


P.S. I had posted an entry in another contest - people following my blog would remember the purple crayon.  The theme was "my favourite colour" and although purple isn't my favourite colour, it came in at 26th place out of 141 entries.  Not a great achievement, but it's definitely better than 141.  Ok, 126! :=)

No comments:

Post a Comment