To all ye who want to paint with light ...

I should have started this blog many moons ago as I started experiencing the joys of rediscovering the art of photography. But as the saying goes - it's better late, than never!
So, here I am, in the hopes of recording what I learn as I progress from ignorance to enlightenment; about what my eyes can see that my camera can capture; and, what my mind imagines and my camera paints with its capabilities.

Please feel free to add any comments and share your wisdom (tips or tricks) that you have picked up along the way.

And do check out my How-To and Birding pages as well.


Monday, March 29, 2010

Day 27 - Squirrels in trees

I was busy putting together stuff for my soon-to-start cooking class when I suddenly became aware of the sounds of silence around me punctuated by bird-calls.  I immediately dropped all my work and whipped out my camera and tried to find them through my dirty bedroom window.  It had been a pretty dark and dreary day and the failing light didn't help.

But what I did find was a squirrel trying to lick something off the trunk of the tree!  Very interesting sighting so I took a few snaps of the guy clambering up and down the trunk, and got a couple of nice ones.  The first one's really blurry as I was trying to focus through the window and fidgeting with my settings, but it definitely tells the story of the tree-licking.  The next 2 are better, but seem pretty lame after the beautiful colours and subjects I saw at the Jardin Botanique a couple of days ago.




And the next one's the cutest!

No comments:

Post a Comment