To all ye who want to paint with light ...

I should have started this blog many moons ago as I started experiencing the joys of rediscovering the art of photography. But as the saying goes - it's better late, than never!
So, here I am, in the hopes of recording what I learn as I progress from ignorance to enlightenment; about what my eyes can see that my camera can capture; and, what my mind imagines and my camera paints with its capabilities.

Please feel free to add any comments and share your wisdom (tips or tricks) that you have picked up along the way.

And do check out my How-To and Birding pages as well.


Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Day 1 - Smoke photography

So, I had decided to start a Photo 365 and today is the first day of the project.  I'm excited about it, but I'm quite worried I won't find something to photograph everyday.  I mean, after all, what can you photograph every single day, for 365 days?  I know I'm not going to go outdoors in this slush to hunt for a subject.  I will have to get creative soon.  But today's idea is stolen from a fellow photographer who did some amazing stuff with smoke (IBlink, if you're reading this blog, please accept my thanks for the idea!)

It took me a while to get things set up since I was banking on my little fountain that makes mist.  But that gave out on me and I wasn't getting much mist at all!  It had to go off on me today, of all days!  But I finally thought of some incense I had lying around and tried with that.  Here's one from the set.


You can see the rest on my Flickr Photostream

No comments:

Post a Comment