To all ye who want to paint with light ...

I should have started this blog many moons ago as I started experiencing the joys of rediscovering the art of photography. But as the saying goes - it's better late, than never!
So, here I am, in the hopes of recording what I learn as I progress from ignorance to enlightenment; about what my eyes can see that my camera can capture; and, what my mind imagines and my camera paints with its capabilities.

Please feel free to add any comments and share your wisdom (tips or tricks) that you have picked up along the way.

And do check out my How-To and Birding pages as well.


Sunday, March 21, 2010

Day 19 - Cooking for friends

I know these posts will all appear on the same date, but I am just making up for the days I didn't upload because of my preoccupation with other things. 


I had some friends over this evening, and we had a little potluck dinner.  We had some really sumptuous Indian food and I was very  excited to discuss about my upcoming Indian cooking project where I'll be teaching Indian cooking to small groups of students.  Anyway, I didn't manage to get photos of all the different party dishes, but I did manage to take a few photos of the Indian-style devilled eggs, and rice pudding made with lots of nuts, raisins and grated coconut. 


There was a lot of fun and laughter, good food and drink and a merry time was had by all that were present. 








This is the rice pudding that took over an hour and a half of constant stirring and watching over.  The longer it takes to slowly reduce the amount of milk, the richer and creamier it tastes.  It got rave reviews from all my friends, so it was totally worth the trouble.  I use my own recipe for this, and it was heartening to see that it was so well received - a pat on the back for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment