To all ye who want to paint with light ...

I should have started this blog many moons ago as I started experiencing the joys of rediscovering the art of photography. But as the saying goes - it's better late, than never!
So, here I am, in the hopes of recording what I learn as I progress from ignorance to enlightenment; about what my eyes can see that my camera can capture; and, what my mind imagines and my camera paints with its capabilities.

Please feel free to add any comments and share your wisdom (tips or tricks) that you have picked up along the way.

And do check out my How-To and Birding pages as well.


Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Day 22 - Wish I was back at kindergarten again

I missed yesterday, since I was down with a really bad migraine.  So, I was thinking of doing two subjects for today, to make up for the loss of one.  But I suddenly remembered that I had to prepare for something more important.

I was thinking of ideas for my volunteer event at a high school here on Friday, and my photo idea popped into my head while I was doodling (which I'm wont to do when I'm thinking hard).  So, this is what I got, at the tail end of the day, when the light was starting to fade.  I opened up the aperture completely, since I couldn't slow down the shutter too much.  I'm missing my tripod now, but I'm probably going to get it back tomorrow.  Yay!  Just goes to show how dependent I have become on it, and it's so not good!


2 comments:

  1. This is a clever idea. I like it.

    Some processing suggestions:

    - I think the white balance might be a little too blue. Try warming up the image a bit.

    - I'd also like to see the white paper be brighter. What happens if you increase the exposure? I think it might make the colour of the purple crayon punchier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a lot for your tip, Jim. I tried to adjust the white balance in PSE and also boosted the light a bit. I have to admit that although the paper's not as white as I would like it to be, it's definitely an improvement over the original.

    ReplyDelete