To all ye who want to paint with light ...

I should have started this blog many moons ago as I started experiencing the joys of rediscovering the art of photography. But as the saying goes - it's better late, than never!
So, here I am, in the hopes of recording what I learn as I progress from ignorance to enlightenment; about what my eyes can see that my camera can capture; and, what my mind imagines and my camera paints with its capabilities.

Please feel free to add any comments and share your wisdom (tips or tricks) that you have picked up along the way.

And do check out my How-To and Birding pages as well.


Monday, March 22, 2010

Day 21 - Roses

I finally got the flower photos I had been planning for ages!  I had gone for groceries and saw these roses that were selling for the cheapest price at the supermarket.  I figured it might be a good start with my flower experiments.  I noticed the roses were a little dried and wilting, but there's nothing a spray of water won't mend.

So, I proceeded to set them up.  It was already getting near dark, so I could only manage the first few shots in natural light.  But after that, I had to improvise with my lights.  I found a white plastic canister (thanks to my son for raiding the pantry), and I used that over my lamp as a softbox.  And I moved the light around a little bit, but the shots got progressively darker.


Some of the nicer shots are on my Flickr photostream, but the nicest I'm reserving for another time ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment