To all ye who want to paint with light ...

I should have started this blog many moons ago as I started experiencing the joys of rediscovering the art of photography. But as the saying goes - it's better late, than never!
So, here I am, in the hopes of recording what I learn as I progress from ignorance to enlightenment; about what my eyes can see that my camera can capture; and, what my mind imagines and my camera paints with its capabilities.

Please feel free to add any comments and share your wisdom (tips or tricks) that you have picked up along the way.

And do check out my How-To and Birding pages as well.


Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Day 15 - Dessert

Well, things can't always stay bad, can they?  I had been feeling really low the past couple of days coz things just weren't going right and I was also running out of ideas of what to turn my camera on for the day.  A photographer friend came to the rescue.  Jim, if you're reading this, please accept my heartfelt thanks for sharing your thoughts and the link.  Jim not only reminded me that it's normal to go through these phases from time to time, but he also sent me a little clip to watch.  This clip is about another photographer who's on a mission for 50 days to shoot his daily life with a "nifty fifty" as they call it, and he obviously calls his project "50/50".   Here's the link for anyone else that's interested: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJyO81kKVYQ


And there's nothing that a good workout won't cure.  I pushed myself to go to the gym and after an hour-long workout not only did I make another new friend, but I also came home feeling lighter of spirit, and happy that I didn't use my headache as an excuse for staying home.  I am ending my day on a healthy diet as well - lots of veggies for supper and clementines for dessert! Sweet and juicy, I'm polishing off the 3rd one, even as I write.  


I tried these shots, one with an overhead light, and another with only side lighting.  I kinda liked both of them because I'm still undecided on which one I like best.  I was too lazy to set up the tripod, so both shots are handheld and I found the 2nd one a little bit fuzzy.  And there's barely any post-processing, except for some sharpening on the 2nd frame.







No comments:

Post a Comment