To all ye who want to paint with light ...

I should have started this blog many moons ago as I started experiencing the joys of rediscovering the art of photography. But as the saying goes - it's better late, than never!
So, here I am, in the hopes of recording what I learn as I progress from ignorance to enlightenment; about what my eyes can see that my camera can capture; and, what my mind imagines and my camera paints with its capabilities.

Please feel free to add any comments and share your wisdom (tips or tricks) that you have picked up along the way.

And do check out my How-To and Birding pages as well.


Thursday, May 26, 2011

Day 365 - And Here the Journey Ends to Begin Again!

I want to take this opportunity to thank you, all my blog readers, for being there, giving me your feedback and cheering me on even though my energy and motivation were in the pits from time to time.  I know that I haven't given my best over the last month or more - I've been battling health issues, and other things, but I really appreciated each visit and each comment you made on my posts.  For all that - THANK YOU!  I hope I have been able to give some of you some insight into my photography along the way and I hope to be able to share many more in the future as I change gears. 

I would also like to thank a few of my friends (and you know who you are) for keeping me on track - some of them coaxed and cajoled me into doing portraits, some of them downloaded my photos and saved them to their computer desktop at work to give me the exposure, some of them visited my blog and commented on my Facebook page, and yet some others religiously visited my Flickr posts and left me encouragement and kind words.  I think I had a whole battalion of friends and well-wishers following my footsteps, making sure I didn't fail.  My hats off to you! 

IMG_7105

This is my last post for this project and what a project it has been!  I still can't believe it's over - well, how can I, considering I've been doing this for so long now?   I am certain that I will feel the loss sometime soon, but I definitely feel that the wrap-up was long overdue.  Seriously, it was.  It took me over a year from missing days due to illnesses and other personal issues.  But I think all's well that ends well.

It has been a great journey for me, and as I mentioned in my last post, I will put together some thoughts and write it all up - soon!  As soon as I've had some time to recover and enjoy my  freedom from the all-pervading stress of having to get a shot for the day.

I had been brainstorming with my friend Rajiv (who has modelled for me in the past) and with my son (he comes up with really great ideas and therefore, I sometimes turn to him for inspiration) about what the last post should be to commemorate the event.  My son's idea was to use fireworks (sparklers, in this case) to mark the celebrations.  Rajiv suggested using tealights to write 365 with (I was thinking candles, but thought it might be too clumsy) or to take a picture of something that was indicative of how monumental this task of taking a shot a day was.

I loved all three ideas, but unfortunately, I didn't find a monumental subject I could shoot today, nor did I find tealights at my local superstore.  Fortunately, I found sparklers!  Therefore, sparklers it had to be!  I had planned to do both the sparklers and the tealights but I guess availability of one took over the non-availability of the other!

I want to end this by saying I really loved and hated this project!  Let me leave you all with that thought, so I can come back and explain it better.  I'm a little bit overcome with mixed emotions right now.

6 comments:

  1. YAY! Good job on completing the project!! :D I like the idea of the sparkler for the photo :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Sis! I only started following your blog about half-way through the project but have been checking out every picture since then. I'm happy you made it all the way to 365!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea!!! Your done and now you can have some fun!!!!! You should be proud what you have done!

    thequietone.net

    That's url to the Wordpress blog, Wp kinda change it Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations and what a super project! Well done and you've definitely inspired me to start mine. 1st June is when I begin!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Elsa: Thanks a lot!
    @Crackers: Thanks, bro! I knew I was being watched from across the oceans! Jokes apart - thanks for being around! :)
    @Cathy: Thanks, Cathy. I hope to have some real fun, real soon! It feels like a huge burden has lifted off my shoulders. Thanks for the URL.
    @Techylingular: Thank you! It's a good idea to start the project. I learned a lot. Let me know if you need help. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. toni: as I have mentioned in your flickr page, congratulations! I am so proud of you for sticking it to the end!!! And your last image is definitely awesome!!! You captured your success through the photo!!! Congratulations and thank you for the encouragement...I just wish I'd be able to finish to the end just like you!!! :)

    ReplyDelete