To all ye who want to paint with light ...

I should have started this blog many moons ago as I started experiencing the joys of rediscovering the art of photography. But as the saying goes - it's better late, than never!
So, here I am, in the hopes of recording what I learn as I progress from ignorance to enlightenment; about what my eyes can see that my camera can capture; and, what my mind imagines and my camera paints with its capabilities.

Please feel free to add any comments and share your wisdom (tips or tricks) that you have picked up along the way.

And do check out my How-To and Birding pages as well.


Sunday, May 8, 2011

Day 347 - Osprey

I was supposed to have made a trip to a friend's farm along with some other friends, but didn't end up going because of my poor health.  I'm feeling far from okay, but I just couldn't bring myself to be stuck within the four walls on such a gorgeous day as today, considering we're getting a lot of rain this Spring.

I spent a little while in the forest at the back and tracked down an Osprey couple on lunch patrol.  I also got a few shots of a Tree Swallow and a Myrtle Warbler, but the Ospreys were the stars of the day!

I got a few really clean shots as they came up right overhead, but the ones that would have been the best ones, I didn't have much luck with as they were too far even for my long lens.


With a fish in its talons - this is the 2nd Osprey


If you'd like to see more of these Ospreys, do check out my Flickr photos.


5 comments:

  1. to your reply: I got them from the Keds.com website :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent shot! Hope that wasn't somebody prized koi fish. Hope you feel better soon, My Mom wasn't feeling too good over this weekend too.

    www.thequietone.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Elsa: Cool!

    @Cathy: Thanks for the wishes. Sorry to hear about your mom - hope she feels better soon.
    And that fish - looks like a red snapper to me, although I sure hope it didn't come from a koi pond! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. pretty amazing shots, Toni!!! I am still amazed at how you and some other people get to shoot birds flying. I've tried but failed...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. @noreen: Thanks! And let me tell you a secret - it took me a lot of practice to get the shots right. ;-) LOL Once my 365 is done, I plan to do a write up on this. Hope it happens!

    ReplyDelete