To all ye who want to paint with light ...

I should have started this blog many moons ago as I started experiencing the joys of rediscovering the art of photography. But as the saying goes - it's better late, than never!
So, here I am, in the hopes of recording what I learn as I progress from ignorance to enlightenment; about what my eyes can see that my camera can capture; and, what my mind imagines and my camera paints with its capabilities.

Please feel free to add any comments and share your wisdom (tips or tricks) that you have picked up along the way.

And do check out my How-To and Birding pages as well.


Monday, May 23, 2011

Day 362 - Little Darlings

We had a beautiful day with part clouds and part sun.  I seized the opportunity to go check if we have ducklings yet, and sure enough there was a small brood of them scooting around in the water.  They were adorable!  

I took over 500 shots today of flowers, birds and this duck family, but I'm feeling really lazy to process them all.  Therefore, I processed two of my fave shots from the day.

Red Benches
I loved the splash of colours in this, and I got only one chance to photograph these benches - just as I was going to change my position and shoot another one, and elderly couple came over and occupied the benches.  Disappointed! :(

And here are three of the six little fluff-balls!
3-Ducklings

4 comments:

  1. You are right. the first one is a simple yet stunning image. the red chair and the pole gives contrast to the all green mix. nice find, Toni!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first photo looks like it was shot in Nuns Island

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Noreen: Thanks. I wish I could have gotten a few more images, but i'll have to try again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Elsa: It was indeed! Do you happen to pass by there?

    ReplyDelete