To all ye who want to paint with light ...

I should have started this blog many moons ago as I started experiencing the joys of rediscovering the art of photography. But as the saying goes - it's better late, than never!
So, here I am, in the hopes of recording what I learn as I progress from ignorance to enlightenment; about what my eyes can see that my camera can capture; and, what my mind imagines and my camera paints with its capabilities.

Please feel free to add any comments and share your wisdom (tips or tricks) that you have picked up along the way.

And do check out my How-To and Birding pages as well.


Thursday, May 19, 2011

Day 356 - Curious George

I wouldn't have had a shot for the day if my son hadn't stuck his neck out!  Well, literally!

I had been exhausted and lying on the couch playing with the AF settings on my camera because I've recently started having a weird problem where the AF acts moody.  Suddenly, my son comes over to me and tries to tell me something and this brilliant idea flashes through my head!

I had to pretend I was taking pictures, because my son always has a habit of sticking his head or some other body part into my frame.  And sure enough, in less than a minute his head moved into my line of sight!  The light was poor, so I immediately popped up the flash and fired a couple of shots!  :=D  Since the light was bad and obviously a shadow appeared on the ceiling, I decided to turn it into B&W.  This really is a snapshot, but what it taught me was waiting for the moment - kinda journalistic!

Hehe.. I'm just kidding!  I have to make the shot seem like I was doing some serious photography, isn't it?

IMG_5836

No comments:

Post a Comment