To all ye who want to paint with light ...

I should have started this blog many moons ago as I started experiencing the joys of rediscovering the art of photography. But as the saying goes - it's better late, than never!
So, here I am, in the hopes of recording what I learn as I progress from ignorance to enlightenment; about what my eyes can see that my camera can capture; and, what my mind imagines and my camera paints with its capabilities.

Please feel free to add any comments and share your wisdom (tips or tricks) that you have picked up along the way.

And do check out my How-To and Birding pages as well.


Thursday, March 17, 2011

Day 297 - Good Friends Are Like Great Wine!

I had family friends visit us all the way from Ottawa on Monday.  They actually now live in Japan, but were visiting family in Ottawa, so they decided to drive over to Montreal for a couple of days.  I was seeing them after 2 years, if not longer, and I hadn't met baby Julia yet.  I was thrilled that they could make time over for a visit.

I know it's contradictory of me to post pictures of little Julia here, so soon after I declared to the contrary in my last blog post.   This is more the exception than the rule; I know I have the parents' blessings to post some pictures - Layla and Julia are already Internet celebrities in their own rights and already have a huge fan following.  :)

IMG_2917.jpg

Brian, Tamie, Layla and Julia - you'll probably be reading this at some point.  I just want you to know that it was really good to see you, especially to make the acquaintance of little Julia, even though she was really upset all evening.  I don't think she's going to find her way back to Aunty Toni's in a hurry!  And it was an absolute pleasure to see Layla as well!  She's shooting up and she's such a darling!

We spent a little while having fun taking pictures after dinner.  I am yet to process the majority of the photos, but I thought I'd share a few here.  The photographs were taken with just one flash mounted on camera.  I didn't have the time to set up the complete lighting rig.

IMG_2889.jpg

IMG_2891.jpg

IMG_2897.jpg

3 comments:

  1. beautiful family...although you have only one flash that you used, the photos came out really great, Toni!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Noreen and they truly are a really lovely family! The kids are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes the kids are really cute, especially the older girl!

    ReplyDelete