To all ye who want to paint with light ...

I should have started this blog many moons ago as I started experiencing the joys of rediscovering the art of photography. But as the saying goes - it's better late, than never!
So, here I am, in the hopes of recording what I learn as I progress from ignorance to enlightenment; about what my eyes can see that my camera can capture; and, what my mind imagines and my camera paints with its capabilities.

Please feel free to add any comments and share your wisdom (tips or tricks) that you have picked up along the way.

And do check out my How-To and Birding pages as well.


Thursday, March 17, 2011

Day 296 - Fun to Be One

I've fallen back on my posts quite a bit, but I assure you that I've been doing the shot of the day, but I'd had too much going on to take out the time to post.

I attended the first birthday of a real sweetheart!  I took a few pictures, and some of them turned out really well.  Since I don't like to post pictures of babies, unless I have express permission from the parents (and I didn't ask the parents), I won't be doing that here.

Birthday Cake

I managed to capture this shot of the little one holding on to her dress as she walked around.  She's recently learned to walk, so I have a sneaking feeling she was holding on to her dress for support!  LOL  Well, a drowning man will clutch on to a piece of straw!
Holding Up

This cake was very lovingly baked by the dad and although the vanilla cream cake was really delicious, this tasted the best!
IMG_2714.jpg

2 comments:

  1. the cake is what i needed the most right now..it looks so scrumptious...and oh, the other day, I've tried Indian cuisine for first time. When I looked into the menu, the first thing that came to my mind was You...it's because of your recipe for the chicken tandoori...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Wow! And what did you think about the food? Thanks for thinking of me.. It's so strange that we meet in a virtual medium but end up thinking about them in reality. That was really sweet of you to mention that! :)

    ReplyDelete