To all ye who want to paint with light ...

I should have started this blog many moons ago as I started experiencing the joys of rediscovering the art of photography. But as the saying goes - it's better late, than never!
So, here I am, in the hopes of recording what I learn as I progress from ignorance to enlightenment; about what my eyes can see that my camera can capture; and, what my mind imagines and my camera paints with its capabilities.

Please feel free to add any comments and share your wisdom (tips or tricks) that you have picked up along the way.

And do check out my How-To and Birding pages as well.


Friday, March 11, 2011

Day 293 - Oil Droplets

I took these shots the day before yesterday but had too much on my plate to post.  I tried this from my "to-do" list, and I am NOT satisfied by the way they turned out.  I was hoping for a sharper focus, but I had very little time to spend on perfecting this.  Therefore, this idea remains on my to-do list to retry in the future.

The first shot turned out OK, but the second one almost got there, but missed! :(

IMG_2601.jpg

IMG_2638.jpg

Once I've perfected this, I will post a how-to.  I plan to do this again soon, so stay tuned.

3 comments:

  1. How simple drops of oil can turn into an incredible background. I really like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aside from smoke photography, this is one of those that I wanted to do...I'll watch out for your tutorial.

    ReplyDelete