To all ye who want to paint with light ...

I should have started this blog many moons ago as I started experiencing the joys of rediscovering the art of photography. But as the saying goes - it's better late, than never!
So, here I am, in the hopes of recording what I learn as I progress from ignorance to enlightenment; about what my eyes can see that my camera can capture; and, what my mind imagines and my camera paints with its capabilities.

Please feel free to add any comments and share your wisdom (tips or tricks) that you have picked up along the way.

And do check out my How-To and Birding pages as well.


Friday, November 19, 2010

Day 198 - Macro Week - Eggstatic!

I really am ecstatic that I have been able to carry forth with the macro theme for the week.  Although, this isn't macro photography by any stretch of imagination, I still used the macro lens and had to deal with the 90 mm constraint.  I am glad I took this up, because it's really challenged my creativity to come up with images that are constrained by both lens and lighting.  I will definitely have to find something for the rest of the week, and ideas are greatly welcome!

I used a similar light set up as I did yesterday - lit the subject from beneath and softened the light with a sheet of parchment paper.

These eggs came from a coworker's farm and besides enhancing the contrast and saturation a bit, nothing much has been done to the colours - they naturally look so colourful!  (See my older post for another set of images of an earlier lot of eggs. )
90mm, f/8.0, 1.6s, EV- 1/3 stop, ISO 200, Aperture Priority, Custom WB

Happy Face
90mm, f/4.5, 0.8s, EV- 1 stop, ISO 200, Aperture Priority, Custom WB

Just Beat It! :)  
90mm, f/4.5, 0.6s, EV- 1 stop, ISO 200, Aperture Priority, Custom WB

2 comments:

  1. Those faces and photos are a riot!! I don't have a macro lens for the rebel but my Powershot s3 is pretty good at that.

    www.thequietone.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Thanks, Cathy! I was getting a bit bored with the shots. In fact, I'm getting really bored with my shots of late. I need to do something different, and although I know exactly what, I can't really afford it right now .. :( Yes, flash photography! Too expensive!

    ReplyDelete