To all ye who want to paint with light ...

I should have started this blog many moons ago as I started experiencing the joys of rediscovering the art of photography. But as the saying goes - it's better late, than never!
So, here I am, in the hopes of recording what I learn as I progress from ignorance to enlightenment; about what my eyes can see that my camera can capture; and, what my mind imagines and my camera paints with its capabilities.

Please feel free to add any comments and share your wisdom (tips or tricks) that you have picked up along the way.

And do check out my How-To and Birding pages as well.


Monday, November 1, 2010

Day 184 - Arc en ciel

I had decided not to touch my camera today - exhausted after a night of very little sleep.  I was relaxing on the couch, after I got home when my son alerted me to the colour of the sky.  And not only was the camera lifted, but the lens was changed in record time, coat donned, feet slipped into running shoes, and the shoes were running away with the feet in probably less than two minutes of witnessing the light outside my window - there was a huge rainbow!

On my way home I had seen the heavy, dark clouds with a tear in them and the sun shone through it and lit everything up with a strange, iridescent light.   I knew that if I were in my right mind, I should go out.  But that's the thing - I wasn't in my right mind.  I was so tired, I had almost dozed off on the couch.  Had it not been my son asking me to look out of the window, I would never have known.  If my son has identified a photo op, then it's gotta be real good!  Normally, he just couldn't be bothered, because he doesn't quite figure out why I do what I do, every day!

Anyway, to cut long story short, I ran out to try and shoot the rainbow, since I've tried and failed to produce a good shot in the past.  This occasion was no different.  By the time I fiddled around with the settings, it was reduced to a blur! :(  But on turning back to return home, I was rewarded with the most incredibly red sky that I have ever seen!  I took a couple of pictures of that, and headed back home as it had started to drizzle, and I was bitterly cold having gone out without socks or gloves - and the temperature definitely felt sub-zero with the wind and the moisture.

These shots are SOOC.




2 comments:

  1. Oh you caught one too of those rainbows too. They are so neat!!

    Might have new poems tomorrow, see how it goes with typing them up tonight.

    www.thequietone.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you catch one as well?! That would be something! Will check for your poems..

    ReplyDelete