To all ye who want to paint with light ...

I should have started this blog many moons ago as I started experiencing the joys of rediscovering the art of photography. But as the saying goes - it's better late, than never!
So, here I am, in the hopes of recording what I learn as I progress from ignorance to enlightenment; about what my eyes can see that my camera can capture; and, what my mind imagines and my camera paints with its capabilities.

Please feel free to add any comments and share your wisdom (tips or tricks) that you have picked up along the way.

And do check out my How-To and Birding pages as well.


Monday, January 17, 2011

Day 249 - The Hope of Spring

I got myself a pot of tulips yesterday, in preparation for Spring.  I know, I know, it's still a long way to go and it definitely doesn't look or feel like Spring yet (it's -23 deg C with the chill factor even as I write) but the days have started getting longer.  Have you taken the time to notice that yet?  Well, I have!  Simply because I am again looking forward to going out and enjoying the outdoors!  I become very optimistic the moment December 21 comes and goes - it just means the days will get longer, albeit, only a minute a day to start with.

I got quite a few keeper shots from my little photoshoot with the tulips.  Tell me, which one's your favourite?

Are you also looking forward to Spring?






2 comments:

  1. #5 for me. Just love the shapes in it. I have a red amaryllis growing now.

    I actually planted in the beginning of December. Did nothing for the whole month except the roots turned to mush by the end of the first week. Which I quickly re potted it. I was ready to give it a heave ho by News Year day but then realized it was finally sending up it's flower stalk.Looking forward to snapping pictures of it.

    Yes, I notice the days are getting longer but tomorrow I'm getting everything but the kitchen sink in winter weather. So little harder to think of Spring just yet.

    www.thequietone.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Cathy! I voted for #5 as well, followed closely by #4. And you just reminded me that I didn't end up potting my amaryllis. I wonder if it's going to bloom if I tried to pot it now. :( What a shame!

    I'm really looking forward to seeing your pictures. I love flowers and amaryllises just bring back fond memories of my childhood, when my mom used to tend to them lovingly. She has since given up her passion for gardening and just has a gardener come in and tend to her plants.

    ReplyDelete