To all ye who want to paint with light ...

I should have started this blog many moons ago as I started experiencing the joys of rediscovering the art of photography. But as the saying goes - it's better late, than never!
So, here I am, in the hopes of recording what I learn as I progress from ignorance to enlightenment; about what my eyes can see that my camera can capture; and, what my mind imagines and my camera paints with its capabilities.

Please feel free to add any comments and share your wisdom (tips or tricks) that you have picked up along the way.

And do check out my How-To and Birding pages as well.


Monday, January 10, 2011

Day 240 - Relearning the Alphabet: The Letter "N"

"N" for New

I have been doing the shot of the day, but just hadn't had the energy to post them.  I have been feeling really under the weather, and therefore spent a lot of time away from the computer and in bed - reading or sleeping.  I also didn't spend much time behind the camera - I'm somehow overcome with lethargy after returning from my trip, and I'm mostly unable to motivate myself to think about my shot of the day.

Anyway, this was from Saturday.  This is the spanking new grill that came as a gift from my employer for completing three years with them.  I also get an additional week of vacation from this year, and I'm more thrilled about that.


I am actually losing my patience with the 365 project because of a number of reasons - I'm realizing how it cuts into family time and ever since I started this project, I've had a number of issues come up that I realize are due to my being obsessed with this project.  Another thing is I have been really sleep-deprived, because I'm too busy doing my shot of the day, or processing, posting or catching up on other posts.  These are just a couple to start with, but the list is pretty long and I don't want to bore you with that.  I know that I will see it to the end somehow, but I have a sneaking feeling it's going to take a lot longer than the 365, because I'm already running behind from previous months.  Sigh...  

5 comments:

  1. It is uncannily true that when in our most comfortable creative skins, other important things in a family-woman's life starts getting affected ... keep clicking ... you can choose the pace in which your earth will go around the sun :) 365 is just a number ... it will come and go ... :) wish you the best ... the best you can always improve upon :P love... Susmita

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my Toni!!! I can totally feel that!!!I have been sleep deprived, i am tired and my brain is drained. And I am just in week one...I still have 51 weeks to go. I have started this and I don't want to quit. Maybe we'll just think of other ways on how to move forward with our 365...:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice grill!!

    I used to do poetry challenge in April where you wrote a poems every day. I learn in the end, it wasn't worth. Out of 30 poems, only 10-12 were worth keeping. Better in the end to get a few good ones than all mediocre ones.

    My 2 cents

    www.thequietone.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Susmita: Thanks for the encouragement! :) I really like what you said about 365 being just a number! I know I have to reach Day 365, but I guess I should totally go with what you said about deciding the pace at which my earth will go around the sun! :) I totally love that! Thanks kindred soul! I appreciate thee! ;-)

    @ Noreen: Wow - you too! Gosh, what madness is this! Yet, it's a madness in which we are only supposed to improve ourselves. Then why this decline in energy and creativity? I guess my friend Cathy is right in saying it's better to turn out quality than quantity. But, like you, I will somehow see this through, although at a slowed pace because I want to make sure I maintain a healthy life-work-hobby balance this year. If you see me posting after midnight my time, do slap me on my wrist! :=P Thanks for your support! This too shall pass!

    @Cathy: Such a wise thing you've said here. I should have taken up a 52 challenge, rather than a 365! Now I know better, and that's exactly what I'll do the next time around. Your 2 cents are invaluable! Thank you, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. :) keep up the madness! i like what Cathy said ... and yet, sometimes i need to challenge myself to do something meaningless only to rebuild a silent confidence and resilience ... oh what madness we thrive upon! :P

    ReplyDelete