To all ye who want to paint with light ...

I should have started this blog many moons ago as I started experiencing the joys of rediscovering the art of photography. But as the saying goes - it's better late, than never!
So, here I am, in the hopes of recording what I learn as I progress from ignorance to enlightenment; about what my eyes can see that my camera can capture; and, what my mind imagines and my camera paints with its capabilities.

Please feel free to add any comments and share your wisdom (tips or tricks) that you have picked up along the way.

And do check out my How-To and Birding pages as well.


Saturday, May 29, 2010

Day 76 - What bug is this?

I'm starting to get interested in portraits after an intense session on the subject with my friend Jim.  We were quite a few of us sitting in and learning hands on, working with reflectors and ambient light.  He had picked a fabulous location with a lot of graffiti on the walls (Montreal is quite famous for this) and we got some wonderful shots.  I'm unable to post those photos here, without the consent of those kind souls.  So, maybe once I've had a chance to see what they think, I'll post a few shots separately.

However, I did manage to find an interesting looking bug sitting on one of the reflectors and figured this would have to suffice as the shot of the day.  ;-)  These are quick handheld shots with my 55-250.

I have no clue what it is, so I'd love to find out.




No comments:

Post a Comment