To all ye who want to paint with light ...

I should have started this blog many moons ago as I started experiencing the joys of rediscovering the art of photography. But as the saying goes - it's better late, than never!
So, here I am, in the hopes of recording what I learn as I progress from ignorance to enlightenment; about what my eyes can see that my camera can capture; and, what my mind imagines and my camera paints with its capabilities.

Please feel free to add any comments and share your wisdom (tips or tricks) that you have picked up along the way.

And do check out my How-To and Birding pages as well.


Friday, May 14, 2010

Day 63 - Nothing more frustrating than a dead battery

I was out at dusk trying to catch some forest life (this time in another part) on camera, and just before I was going to leave home, I realized the mistake I made for the first time in my life - going out with a dying battery.  I quickly charged it for about 15 mins. while I gave my sets of glasses some much needed shining.

I go out and get a few shots of flowers, snails, raindrops etc., and just when I spot an interesting bird (likely a Cardinal) and then two more (possibly an oriole and a warbler), my battery decides to give up!  Nothing could be more frustrating as the tiny warbler came and sat on a tree right under my nose and flitted away as quickly.  It would have been enough time to snap it for identification purposes at least.  Well, I have to go back there soon again.






The water droplet below has a snail reflecting in it.  Clicking will enlarge the photo and allow you to see more detail:


This guy was trapped in the spider web but was trying to put up a valiant fight.  I almost reached out to disentangle it, and then thought of the hungry spider that might be lurking somewhere.  Who am I to snatch someone's food away, but this actually threw me into a moral dilemma - shouldn't I have saved a life?  Hmmm.. 







No comments:

Post a Comment