To all ye who want to paint with light ...

I should have started this blog many moons ago as I started experiencing the joys of rediscovering the art of photography. But as the saying goes - it's better late, than never!
So, here I am, in the hopes of recording what I learn as I progress from ignorance to enlightenment; about what my eyes can see that my camera can capture; and, what my mind imagines and my camera paints with its capabilities.

Please feel free to add any comments and share your wisdom (tips or tricks) that you have picked up along the way.

And do check out my How-To and Birding pages as well.


Thursday, February 10, 2011

Day 268 - Something Unusual

I was on my way home and saw this spectacular sight that I couldn't even explain!  Has anyone ever seen a small segment of a rainbow?  And there was no rain or snow to have brought it on either!  It was a gorgeous day - full of bright sunshine and blue skies and suddenly this!

I saw it while I was still on the roads and I just kept praying that it would last till the time I was able to get a hold of my camera.   I called my son and had him bring it down for me...  with the 90 mm macro lens still attached to it!  I had no time to get the proper lens, for fear that it would just fade away or something.  I'm glad I got a couple of somewhat passable shots despite the lens challenge. Thus, this was only to record this phenomenon.


1 comment:

  1. You were lucky with those shots. They are call something and I can't remember what. it's cause by the light reflecting off teh clouds or something else.

    www.thequietone.net

    ReplyDelete