To all ye who want to paint with light ...

I should have started this blog many moons ago as I started experiencing the joys of rediscovering the art of photography. But as the saying goes - it's better late, than never!
So, here I am, in the hopes of recording what I learn as I progress from ignorance to enlightenment; about what my eyes can see that my camera can capture; and, what my mind imagines and my camera paints with its capabilities.

Please feel free to add any comments and share your wisdom (tips or tricks) that you have picked up along the way.

And do check out my How-To and Birding pages as well.


Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Day 160 - The rains did stop, albeit temporarily

It's going to be a quick post for this evening.  I took all these images at the little duck pond that I used to frequent during the summer.  It's nice to see the ducks are still around, but late at night I hear the geese and I'm certain they are on their migratory journey southwards.  Feels depressing to think that winter's knocking on the door, but strangely, this year I feel much better about it than I have in any other year.  Maybe because I know that I will go out and do some photography at least, and mostly, I will be catching up on flash photography.

Today's shots are handheld as usual, except for the long exposure I did on the fountain.  I had rested the camera on the ledge of a rock and then shot this.  I had gone out with my complete gear, so had the opportunity to use all three of my lenses.  Lots of shots, but I processed only a handful for the post.  I'm like a squirrel storing its nuts for the winter.  Those shots will be brought out of the bag in the near future again! ;)





The last one is when I was almost home and saw this tree turned to gold under a street light.  This is SOOC, shot at 1/15s, f4.5, ISO 200, at 90 mm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment