To all ye who want to paint with light ...

I should have started this blog many moons ago as I started experiencing the joys of rediscovering the art of photography. But as the saying goes - it's better late, than never!
So, here I am, in the hopes of recording what I learn as I progress from ignorance to enlightenment; about what my eyes can see that my camera can capture; and, what my mind imagines and my camera paints with its capabilities.

Please feel free to add any comments and share your wisdom (tips or tricks) that you have picked up along the way.

And do check out my How-To and Birding pages as well.


Sunday, September 19, 2010

Day 152 - Getting ready for cooking classes

I have to restart my cooking classes soon after the summer break.  Therefore, the culinary experiments will continue feeding my Photo 365 project.  Yay!

The pictures were taken handheld under fluorescent light.   I actually had no plans of doing this when I started, but changed my mind halfway through the process since I was falling back on my photos again.

What I made was a potato-stuffed Indian bread which can be made spicy or mild, and a spicy chick pea curry to accompany it.  The bread is pretty filling and can be a complete meal in itself when paired with a yogurt based salad, called Raita.  But I needed to check out the compatibility of the two together, since the chick pea curry is normally had with a plain (without stuffing) deep-fried Indian bread called a Bhatura. The type of bread I made is also normally deep fried, but I chose to try out a healthier option and baked them instead.  These are called Kulcha.  They turned out really good, if not better than the fried option. :)
The dough balls and the potato filling waiting to be rolled out

The baked bread
The potato stuffing inside

Just out of the oven

The spicy chick pea curry garnished with shallots, cilantro, julienned ginger and a slice of lime

No comments:

Post a Comment