To all ye who want to paint with light ...

I should have started this blog many moons ago as I started experiencing the joys of rediscovering the art of photography. But as the saying goes - it's better late, than never!
So, here I am, in the hopes of recording what I learn as I progress from ignorance to enlightenment; about what my eyes can see that my camera can capture; and, what my mind imagines and my camera paints with its capabilities.

Please feel free to add any comments and share your wisdom (tips or tricks) that you have picked up along the way.

And do check out my How-To and Birding pages as well.


Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Day 141 - Sheaves of leaves

Ok, so I'm cheating.  I didn't have time after my project submission to go out shooting this evening and I had these photos from yesterday that I wanted to try my hand at Photoshopping.

So, I learned a new thing today - selective colouring.  Pretty simple, but takes a lot of patience.  I picked a random shot to try it, but on second thoughts, I could have used a better image.  Nevertheless, the results were encouraging.


The rest of the frames are just regular stuff.. nothing to write home about, because I'm not looking forward to seeing these leaves lying on the forest floor. Why, oh why, can't summer last forever?  :(

 

I tried a little B&W with this not because I didn't like the colours, but I wanted to check out the tonality and I have to admit I like what I saw. 


2 comments:

  1. Wowww, the colours in the second and last photos are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually the first image is just perfect. The blur leaves on the bottom frame teh color leaf nicely.

    I have done selective coloring before. Yea, real fun sometimes.

    Another way of doing it is duplicate the photo you want. Turn one of the them to b&w . Then drag that one on top of the color one,making a new layer. Then take the eraser tool and on the B&W one. erase the part you want the color from the first photo to show through.

    (Hope I'm clear on that. if not let know, I'll come up with better direction later on. Just came from work on hour ago.)

    I did that on a photo that I was having trouble with. Came out good.

    www.thequietone.net

    ReplyDelete