To all ye who want to paint with light ...

I should have started this blog many moons ago as I started experiencing the joys of rediscovering the art of photography. But as the saying goes - it's better late, than never!
So, here I am, in the hopes of recording what I learn as I progress from ignorance to enlightenment; about what my eyes can see that my camera can capture; and, what my mind imagines and my camera paints with its capabilities.

Please feel free to add any comments and share your wisdom (tips or tricks) that you have picked up along the way.

And do check out my How-To and Birding pages as well.


Thursday, October 28, 2010

Day 179 - Baubles and candlelight

Trying these shots in candlelight, with a table lamp placed about 10 - 12 feet away.  I need to do something about the reflections on the glass.  A C-PL would be the best answer for that, but it would cut out a lot of light.  I will have to figure something out for this.  Maybe use two table lamps on either side?  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!


2 comments:

  1. Leave the reflection in, they give another dimension to the glasses and it's gives a touch a romance too. Plus you have the candles in the background, wouldn't the glasses reflect that light too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cathy - I agree about the reflections adding to the image. Actually, I see I missed explaining that I was talking about reflections of the furniture AND me on the glass! I had to use CS5 to get rid of some of that. Me and my half-formed thoughts at the end of the day! :=P

    ReplyDelete