To all ye who want to paint with light ...

I should have started this blog many moons ago as I started experiencing the joys of rediscovering the art of photography. But as the saying goes - it's better late, than never!
So, here I am, in the hopes of recording what I learn as I progress from ignorance to enlightenment; about what my eyes can see that my camera can capture; and, what my mind imagines and my camera paints with its capabilities.

Please feel free to add any comments and share your wisdom (tips or tricks) that you have picked up along the way.

And do check out my How-To and Birding pages as well.


Saturday, December 11, 2010

Day 220 - Cinnamon Hearts and Candlelight

Almost missed doing the shot of the day.  I started off pretty uninspired, but as I went through the first ten sloppy shots, I got the idea of using a tea light.  The results weren't bad!

Which one do you like?

 90 mm, f/10.0, 1/5s, ISO 800, Aperture Priority, AWB 

90 mm, f/8.0, 1/5s, ISO 200, Aperture Priority, AWB

As above - red background added.  The red background was the lid from my pyrex tupperware. :)

3 comments:

  1. Wow. All are nice, but love the first one - if you want to know why, you have to wait till Sunday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The second one for sure! But it could use a little bit of a exposure boost or a curve on photoshop

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Swati: That's very interesting! :)
    @Photogenicbliss: I agree - it could definitely do with a little more light. Thanks for the feedback.

    ReplyDelete