To all ye who want to paint with light ...

I should have started this blog many moons ago as I started experiencing the joys of rediscovering the art of photography. But as the saying goes - it's better late, than never!
So, here I am, in the hopes of recording what I learn as I progress from ignorance to enlightenment; about what my eyes can see that my camera can capture; and, what my mind imagines and my camera paints with its capabilities.

Please feel free to add any comments and share your wisdom (tips or tricks) that you have picked up along the way.

And do check out my How-To and Birding pages as well.


Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Day 135 - Ice, ice baby!

My baby (well, he's fourteen actually) noticed the ice that had formed in the cup I keep in my fridge to keep my herbs fresh.  I was going to pitch it out, and he noticed the formations.  So, the credit of finding my subject goes to him.

Most of you don't know that he has a great eye for photography (even though I say so), but refuses to pick up the camera unless he's bored to death, which is rare because he's always playing games on the computer.  He refuses because he thinks I'm going to ask him to go out and take pictures everyday, just the way I do!  Sigh!

These two shots were processed in Lightroom 3.  I recently downloaded a trial version, and I have to say I'm pretty impressed by what it can do, and I know that this isn't even the tip of the iceberg yet.  And yes, I'm finally getting my hands dirty with post processing.  And high time, too!


2 comments:

  1. I LOVE that bottom picture. It looks like a giant splash against a really organic background - like a river!

    ReplyDelete