To all ye who want to paint with light ...

I should have started this blog many moons ago as I started experiencing the joys of rediscovering the art of photography. But as the saying goes - it's better late, than never!
So, here I am, in the hopes of recording what I learn as I progress from ignorance to enlightenment; about what my eyes can see that my camera can capture; and, what my mind imagines and my camera paints with its capabilities.

Please feel free to add any comments and share your wisdom (tips or tricks) that you have picked up along the way.

And do check out my How-To and Birding pages as well.


Sunday, August 8, 2010

Day 127 - New seagulls sighted

I identified two new seagulls I'd never noticed before - the Great Black-Backed Gull and a juvenile Herring Gull.  The black-backed gull was far, far away on this little outcropping and I got the best shot I could get with 250 mm.  I'm not sure if there's any other way I could have improved it, except maybe to have stopped down a little bit to get that nice reflective sheen on the water.
This juvenile was flying around with quite a bit of speed and I realized that my focus wasn't spot on.  I will have to practise my panning a little bit more.  This shot was more to ID the bird than for use as a keeper.

No comments:

Post a Comment