To all ye who want to paint with light ...

I should have started this blog many moons ago as I started experiencing the joys of rediscovering the art of photography. But as the saying goes - it's better late, than never!
So, here I am, in the hopes of recording what I learn as I progress from ignorance to enlightenment; about what my eyes can see that my camera can capture; and, what my mind imagines and my camera paints with its capabilities.

Please feel free to add any comments and share your wisdom (tips or tricks) that you have picked up along the way.

And do check out my How-To and Birding pages as well.


Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Day 58 - Roasted corn (Indian style)




I used to love the summers in India when there would be hawkers selling roasted corn at the street corners, pretty much like the hot dog stands here.

They always came by with these carts with a charcoal oven and tons of fresh corn.  You would be asked to pick your corn from the pile and they would roast it for you.  Then they would take a lot of pains in rubbing spices and lime juice onto the roasted corn and this is when everyone would go - " A little more chilli powder, please!" or "I like more lime on mine!" etc. 


I broiled my corn with all the spices I wanted and, voila!  Spicy roasted corn ready to eat!  Just add an extra dash of lime juice for me, please!


No comments:

Post a Comment